Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS14.2: How to disable automatic sound volume reduction?

I listen to Music using active loudspeakers (which have their own volume adjustment) connected via Bluetooth. So the iPhone cannot know how loud my music is actually playing. Nevertheless, after some minutes, iOS reduces the volume to about 50%. I want to stay in control of how I play music. Therefore my question: How can I disable this automatic volume reduction?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 6:20 AM

4 replies

Dec 26, 2020 8:47 AM in response to LeCuvier

I have the same issue too.

I agree with international laws that protect our ears. But this is a different case: it's an error on ios's evaluation of the sound level.

I use "echo auto" on my car, and I need to push the volume level to de max to have the minimun effect. When ios pull down the volume, I suddenly lost the indication of maps, or simply I lost my music stream. Than I need to push up again the level, and it's a lot more dangerous when I'm alone in the car.

So.. it's not to respect the lows, it's a bug.

iOS14.2: How to disable automatic sound volume reduction?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.