Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"File Not Found" when plugging iPhone into Mac

Since upgrading to 11, this error message "File Not Found" happens every time I plug my phone into my Mac. Others also getting this? Seems like an error that should be a message prompting to unlock the phone...

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 8:39 AM

1 reply

Dec 7, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Unaha-Closp

Hello Unaha-Closp,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble connecting your iPhone to your Mac. We are happy to share information that may help.

First, in order to isolate the issue, test the issue in another user account to see if you see the same message: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

If you see the same issue in another user account, on your iPhone navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy. You can find more information about this setting at the bottom of this article: Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

If the issue does not occur in another user account, then use the steps here: If Image Capture doesn’t open when you connect a device to your Mac.

Take care.

"File Not Found" when plugging iPhone into Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.