Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my att.net email password was changed through the internet, ipad wants old password when i try to readd

On my ipad I deleted my att.net email account and tried to add back with new password. It won't let me.. it wants my old password. How do I remove the old cashed account completely to add back my att.net email account with new password?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 11:46 AM

1 reply

Dec 7, 2020 12:41 PM in response to rusty202

Hello rusty202,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are trying to delete your email account and add it back with a new password, but it keeps asking for your old password. You can take a look at the following support articles to remove and then add an email account on your iPhone.

If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This section addresses removing your email account:

"Remove your email account and set it up again

1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your iOS device.
  2. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
  3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
  4. Tap Delete Account.
  5. Add your account again.

If the steps in this article don't help, contact your email service provider for more information."

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards.

my att.net email password was changed through the internet, ipad wants old password when i try to readd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.