Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad phone costs.

I have an iPhone XR and an iPad A1823 that has phone capability, both on my Verizon account. I pay Verizon $10 a month for the iPad to be linked on my account and it even has it’s own number, albeit that number is never used. I asked Verizon why I pay that and what I get for this fee. Naturally I can’t get a straight answer so I need Apple expertise.

If I remove the iPad from my Verizon account, what abilities will I lose? Verizon did say that I still can utilize the ‘hot spot’ feature but that was it. Why do I have the iPad on my Verizon phone account it it does not give me extra capabilities? It is only $10 a month but that is $120 a year!

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 2:37 PM

The Verizon cellular on your iPad allows you to access the internet (without using the iPhone hotspot) when you don't have wi-fi available (or if you do have wi-fi available that you don't want to use, such as a coffee shop wi-fi).

1 reply

iPad phone costs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.