Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Picture files missing from a network drive after Big Sur update

I have a folder on a network drive that I use to store pictures. This folder has a number of sub-folders for organization. After updating to Big Sur, Finder will navigate to the main folder, but the sub-folders and their contents are not showing. I had some photos in the main folder and they were still visible so I tried putting them into a new sub-folder to see if that would make the others visible. Finder will show that sub-folder, but if I leave Finder open for a few minutes, it and it's parent folder will disappear.

If I try accessing the sub-folders from a Windows machine, they are not visible there either.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 2:03 PM

What I have is an external USB drive plugged into a WD My Book NAS. The missing folder is on the drive. After messing with it for a while, I could no longer see the eternal drive in Finder. After several attempts, it finally appeared on my desktop when I plugged the drive into the Macbook. I found the missing folder in a folder named "Lost+Found". That folder was not visible to me when the drive was connected to the NAS.

I'm not sure what happened!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 2:03 PM in response to SnickZ.

What I have is an external USB drive plugged into a WD My Book NAS. The missing folder is on the drive. After messing with it for a while, I could no longer see the eternal drive in Finder. After several attempts, it finally appeared on my desktop when I plugged the drive into the Macbook. I found the missing folder in a folder named "Lost+Found". That folder was not visible to me when the drive was connected to the NAS.

I'm not sure what happened!

Dec 7, 2020 1:17 PM in response to Briancla

Hi there, Briancla.

It appears that photos are missing on a network drive you use. You can get to the main folder, but the sub-folders are empty. You also note that they're not appearing on a Windows PC as well, and we'd like for you to contact Apple Support for this.

Get Support - After choosing whichever model of Mac you're using, select Other Mac Topics > The topic is not listed. Briefly describe the issue, then Continue.

Take care.

Picture files missing from a network drive after Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.