Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Last contact opened instead of alphabetized list

Since updating to iOS 14, whenever I open Contacts, the last contact dialed shows instead of the alphabetized list on my Xs Max. Doesn't happen on my wife's X. I'm now running 14.2, so I'm current. I did notice similar problems mention in this forum dating back to iOS 13. I have tried the remedial steps suggested there without success. Is this a problem with my phone or with Apple?

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 2:18 PM

3 replies

Nov 30, 2020 2:22 PM in response to J48L51M69

Be aware of the process you use when exiting Contacts.

I use iOS 14.2.1 (with an iPhone 12 Pro). When I open Contacts, I get the alphabetical list. But that's because I carefully close all contacts when exiting the app, from either Contacts or the Phone app using the Contacts. If I fail to do that, I would see the last referenced contact.

Last contact opened instead of alphabetized list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.