Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long wait for reset of Apple ID Password

My mom forgot her Apple ID password. We tried to reset and was told we had to wait 3 days. After the 3 days, we were then told we had to wait 27 days. Then she thought she remembered it and now we are locked out of even trying. There is no way to actually contact the folks who work on Apple ID passwords. Is there any other way around this? I don't feel comfortable with my 79 year old mother being without a phone for the next month.

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 5:38 PM

The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 5:38 PM in response to agogotokyo

The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   

Nov 30, 2020 7:23 PM in response to agogotokyo

agogotokyo Said:

Long wait for reset of Apple ID Password: I've read that article and it doesn't help. It seem ridiculous that Apple tech team can't override their own algorithm. This 27 day waiting period to reset a password for security is beyond inconvenient.

———-

Provide Apple with Feedback on this:

If you want, provide Apple feedback. But be positive, or it will just blow it off, based off of keywords received. Being there is no feedback option for Apple ID, then use the iCloud Feedback option. They won’t get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more information they will know what their customers prefer and how to meets their needs and satisfaction.

Go Here:

1. Go To: Feedback - iCloud - Apple
  2. Select: "Other" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

Long wait for reset of Apple ID Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.