Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Won't Appear in App Store

Hi,

I am one of those people who always hits "later" for computer updates an am using an outdated OS. I have a 2017 macbook air and am trying to download MacOS Catalina. However, I cannot find this in the app store -- the only item I can see is MacOS Big Sur (I am not yet approved to download this per my employer). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 4:55 PM

It won't show up in a search. Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and click here.

(187284)

5 replies

Jan 14, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Niel

I have Mac OS Mojave on a 2019 MacBook Pro, I do click on the link above and it doesn't work: I am redirected to the app store with the message 'cannot connect to the app store' (to which I am connected to, actually). If I chose iTunes to open the link I am told 'The item you've requested is not currently available in the UK store.'

And I don't/can't want to update to Big Sur yet.

Catalina Won't Appear in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.