Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand and other apps downloaded from purchase history in apple store quitting unexpectedly.

Hello community I hope someone can help me. I erased the disk on my 27" Mid 2010 iMac and installed a fresh High Sierra 10.13.6. I completed all available updates and this OS is the highest I can go. I tried to download GarageBand but the most recent version is only available with Big Sur so I was directed to download a compatible version with my OS from my purchase history. I was to get Garageband 10.3.5 installed but whenever I try to open the app it automatically crashes. I know my machine is "Obsolete" but it was working flawlessly until I messed things up trying to install a fresh copy of high Sierra. If anyone can offer some advice to get GarageBand working I'd appreciate it. (Also, the same thing happened with iMovie when I downloaded it from my purchase history). Below is the crash log:

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 7:29 PM

This appears to be an issue with High Sierra and the App Store. Started when Apple released Mojave and occurs when a fresh install of high Sierra is done. Apps downloaded from the App Store won’t load. Hopefully Apple will fix this issue.. but I’m not optimistic now that they stopped support for high Sierra.

this thread has details and some potential temporary work arounds : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252037712?answerId=253965291022#253965291022

im going to downgrade to Sierra until this gets resolved.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 7:29 PM in response to Fellipe525

This appears to be an issue with High Sierra and the App Store. Started when Apple released Mojave and occurs when a fresh install of high Sierra is done. Apps downloaded from the App Store won’t load. Hopefully Apple will fix this issue.. but I’m not optimistic now that they stopped support for high Sierra.

this thread has details and some potential temporary work arounds : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252037712?answerId=253965291022#253965291022

im going to downgrade to Sierra until this gets resolved.

GarageBand and other apps downloaded from purchase history in apple store quitting unexpectedly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.