Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find iTunes on my Mac running Catalina

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 10:39 PM

There is no iTunes in macOS Catalina. Now there is the Music app replacing iTunes. If you connect your iPhone then you will see your iPhone appear in the Music app so you can manage music from there.

If you are used to creating backups and performing other maintenance tasks on your iPhone then connect your iPhone to your Mac and then view it in the Finder. Your iPhone will be listed right under all your other directories and folder.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 10:39 PM in response to MerlinClumber

There is no iTunes in macOS Catalina. Now there is the Music app replacing iTunes. If you connect your iPhone then you will see your iPhone appear in the Music app so you can manage music from there.

If you are used to creating backups and performing other maintenance tasks on your iPhone then connect your iPhone to your Mac and then view it in the Finder. Your iPhone will be listed right under all your other directories and folder.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.