Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving Texts question

All of a sudden I no longer receive texts to my iPad and MacBook Air that go to my iPhone. Help?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 4:38 PM

Hey Wvllegal,

We understand you're not getting your texts on your iPad and MacBook Air. We'd be happy to help you get those devices set up to start receiving those messages again.

The best way to ensure your messages stay in sync across all your devices is by using iCloud. For help with setting up Messages in iCloud, check out:

Use Messages in iCloud

Additionally, if you need help with getting SMS messages to forward to your iPad and MacBook Air, you'll want to turn on text message forwarding. For help doing so, check out:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

We hope this information helps!

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 4:38 PM in response to Wvllegal

Hey Wvllegal,

We understand you're not getting your texts on your iPad and MacBook Air. We'd be happy to help you get those devices set up to start receiving those messages again.

The best way to ensure your messages stay in sync across all your devices is by using iCloud. For help with setting up Messages in iCloud, check out:

Use Messages in iCloud

Additionally, if you need help with getting SMS messages to forward to your iPad and MacBook Air, you'll want to turn on text message forwarding. For help doing so, check out:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

We hope this information helps!

Take care.

Receiving Texts question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.