Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch App won't start

I have a nice new Apple Watch around my wrist. Pairing went fine and the initial setup as well. Yesterday I used the Watch app on my iPhone to configure new watch faces.

But today the Watch app no longer starts. It briefly flashes black and then the homescreen returns. Restarting both the iPhone and Apple Watch did not help.

As suggested in another post, I tried to remove the app with the intention to reinstall it, but I can't. I get a message I need to unlink/unpair the watch first. And that has to be done from within the app.

So... any ideas on how I can fix this?

Cheers,

David

ps.

iPhone Xr with iOS 14.2

Apple Watch 6 with watchOS 7.0 which I'll update now...

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 12:17 PM

Hi Joseph. Thanks :)

I've also had contact with Apple Support directly and they've suggested the same, but that wasn't enough to get it all working again.

In the end I had to unpair the Apple Watch from the iPhone as described in the link you also suggested and after that I had to reset the iPhone and restore it from an iCloud backup get the Watch App functioning again. And finally pair and reconfigure the Apple Watch again with a working Watch App...

Sounds like fun, no? 😁

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 12:17 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph. Thanks :)

I've also had contact with Apple Support directly and they've suggested the same, but that wasn't enough to get it all working again.

In the end I had to unpair the Apple Watch from the iPhone as described in the link you also suggested and after that I had to reset the iPhone and restore it from an iCloud backup get the Watch App functioning again. And finally pair and reconfigure the Apple Watch again with a working Watch App...

Sounds like fun, no? 😁

Watch App won't start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.