Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it best with a new ipad to set up from scratch or to restore from my iphone back up?

Is it best with a new ipad to set up from scratch or to restore from my iphone back up?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 2:50 PM

Only you can answer - as this will be influenced by what you want to acheive.

If your iPad is in addition to an iPhone, personally, I’d set up the iPad as new, installing Apps and adding email addresses as required. Having both iPad and iPhone, you may not necessarily want both devices to have the same configuration. iCloud will share native App data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 2:50 PM in response to justagirlonthego

Only you can answer - as this will be influenced by what you want to acheive.

If your iPad is in addition to an iPhone, personally, I’d set up the iPad as new, installing Apps and adding email addresses as required. Having both iPad and iPhone, you may not necessarily want both devices to have the same configuration. iCloud will share native App data.

is it best with a new ipad to set up from scratch or to restore from my iphone back up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.