Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant synch my iphone Xr on ios 14.2 to a laptop using windows 10 and itunes 12.11, was working is there a glitch in the ios 14.2.

cant synch my iphone Xr on ios 14.2 to a laptop using windows 10 and itunes 12.11, was working is there a glitch in the ios 14.2. Tried all the sugestions on various web site, usb cables, ports, power cycling, etc.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 10:44 AM

No, but it can be an issue with the iPhone driver with a new iOS. It seems that the iTunes download from Microsoft does not contain the proper drivers for the iPhone and can cause certain issues. I would remove iTunes, then go to iTunes - Apple and select Windows, but not the Microsoft Store. Select the 64-bit version from Apple.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2020 10:44 AM in response to 5utto

No, but it can be an issue with the iPhone driver with a new iOS. It seems that the iTunes download from Microsoft does not contain the proper drivers for the iPhone and can cause certain issues. I would remove iTunes, then go to iTunes - Apple and select Windows, but not the Microsoft Store. Select the 64-bit version from Apple.

Dec 3, 2020 5:44 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hello Chris,

IcConnect iPhone to usb usual questions do you want to allow access to my phone.

It recognises my specific iPhone.

On the phone in the top left it goes blue as if a usb is connected , then after putting the correct pass code I get unknown error 0xE800000A message and no phone icon in iTunes. I unloaded 12.10 and reloaded 12.11 iTunes as part of my diagnostics. All my current music is there possibly from the cloud. Cheers Mike.

cant synch my iphone Xr on ios 14.2 to a laptop using windows 10 and itunes 12.11, was working is there a glitch in the ios 14.2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.