Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime problems after upgrading to Big Sur

I have many problems with QuickTime after upgrading to Big Sur my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014).

• QuickTime does not display the duration of the videos
  • QuickTime crashes every time I close a video window
  • When I double click a video file to watch it, QuickTime opens simultaneously all the videos that are in "Open recent" list

Does anybody else experienced these kind of problems and is there a solution to it?

Can Apple resolve this in a future update?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 1:53 AM

9 replies

Dec 13, 2020 5:29 PM in response to dialabrain

My MBP is in compatibility list, MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Did not have any installation problems but many bugs after it, like the one I described with the Quicktime.

An other one I just noticed is that it is harder to unmount an external hard disk by dragging its icon to the bin!.

If I drag it to the bin and the word "bin" do not show up while having the hard disk icon over the bin's icon, then the disk is not unmounted!!! I have to put the hard disk's icon in a such way over the bin's icon - exactly at the center - for the word "bin" to show up in order to have the disk unmounted.

Now, I have to spend much more time for a simple task that I loved it in MAC OS. Even the unmounting of the drive by right clicking on it and choosing "eject" takes longer time than before Big Sur.

I noticed the same problem with my new M1 Mac Mini and I think I found what causes it. If you drag the drive's icon just below the bin's icon, then the word "bin" disappears and the disk is not unmount. Yo have to be very precise and put it exact over the bin icon.

I think it is a bug.

QuickTime problems after upgrading to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.