Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing single video frames

I have a video from a Zoom conference I am trying to edit - audio (speech) is synched with the video. Sadly, not all participants mics were muted by the Zoom host so have a couple of times where the video of the "nonspeaker" was preempted by viewed who made some "noise". I can live with that sound (its brief) but want to replace the video frames (maybe 1-2 seconds) of the "nonspeaker" with frames from the speaker. I understand that the lips of speaker will not synch up with the underlying audio (his speech) for that time; that is acceptable.

I know I can separate the audio track from the video track in the timeline. But, not sure how to substitute a group of video frames of the desired speaker overwriting the video frames of the "nonspeaker". I know this type of editing can be done in more sophisticated video editing tools - which I don't have access to. Can this level of video editing be done in iMovie? I am using iMove 10.1.9.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 8:00 AM

Yes! In the Browser where your clips are displayed, select a portion of a clip showing the speaker and drag and drop it above the person you want to remove in the timeline.

You will then have to drag the ends so that they cover just the few seconds you require and drag the audio track down to zero.

Similar questions

2 replies

Replacing single video frames

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.