You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backups in iCloud

Hi all!

I have very limited iCloud storage (5GB to be exact), so I use it very sparingly. I've only used about 0.6GB in total, but since I've gotten an iPad, 4GB of "Backups" have been taking up my total storage. I never had these backups appear on my iCloud storage with my iPhone and Macbook, so I'm not sure what this really is.

Does anyone know what the backups could be? I have the option of deleting the backups and gaining back my iCloud storage, but I am hesitant to do so. All advice and insight is greatly appreciated! Thank you all.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 10:53 AM

Do you have a lot of apps on the device to which you're backing up their data? You can check in 2 ways:

• Go to Settings > Name > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud > see what's switched on.
  • Go to Settings > Name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > Choose the device > See what apps are switched on.
1 reply

Backups in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.