Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i undo forget this network on ipad air 3

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 11:26 AM

4 replies

Dec 3, 2020 11:36 AM in response to bunnybonz

You can remove all network information from your iPad by resetting your Network Settings:

Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Alternatively, if you are within range - and can still connect to the WiFi Network that you wish to forget - you can simply forget the network from iPad Settings. While connected to the WiFi network:

Settings > WiFi > [Network Name / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - select Forget This Network

Dec 3, 2020 1:49 PM in response to Gruff2435

Gruff2435 wrote:

The “forget network” function cannot be undone. It doesn’t remove network completely though, just makes it so it doesn’t auto connect to it. To make it so it auto connects again, tap on it and type in the password.

I have no idea what you are trying to convey, but at face value, this statement is entirely inaccurate and misleading.

Forgetting a WiFi network completely removes the WiFi network from the iPad - but to be able to use the “forget this network” function you must be actively connected to the specific network. Auto Connect is a entirely separate setting that control connection behaviour when within range of the network.

A “forgotten network” can be simply undone. Rejoining the network restores full network connectivity.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.