Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software and security Updates

is there anyway that I can download and install security update without being on WiFi because not only do i rarely have access to it now a days, but it seems that would be more “secure” for the purposes of a “security update”? I’m a newb to iPhones btw.

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 4:23 PM

4 replies

Dec 3, 2020 4:41 PM in response to How_why_IPhone

How_why_IPhone Said:

"software and security Updates: is there anyway that I can download and install security update without being on WiFi because not only do i rarely have access to it now a days, but it seems that would be more “secure” for the purposes of a “security update”? I’m a newb to iPhones btw."

-------

Use Ethernet on a Computer:

Have a Computer? If so, install the updates through that. And, if no Wi-Fi, then use an Ethernet cable. Plug the Ethernet cable in to the computer and the router or wall outlet. If you have no Ethernet port on your computer, then use this: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

To Update your iPhone:

Update your iPhone using the iPad itself, a Mac, or a PC, even. How to do so....

Two Major Steps: - Backup then Update

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer.

2. Then, Update Using a Computer:

Dec 3, 2020 4:35 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

What the figs man! that makes no sense to me! I’m finding having an iPhone to be unpleasant thus far and that’s sad considering the exorbitant amount the **** thing/s cost.

Regardless of my annoyance I’m venting, I deeply appreciate your help and the fact you so freely took your time to offer it to a stranger with the quickness! So many thanks and Happy wishes for you and yours for the holidays and beyond!

Dec 3, 2020 4:38 PM in response to How_why_IPhone

I'm sorry, but it has always been that way. If the iPhone does not meet your needs, then you are better off getting rid of it and getting something that works better for you.

Just as a note, this isn't the place to vent, and it is a violation of the Terms of Use here. If you get too involved in the vent, it can result in your post being deleted by the hosts. Just want to let you know.

Thank you for the kind wishes, and the same to you and yours.

software and security Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.