Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Select mass global tracks without selecting regions

Logic has a weird bug where if I select all, move it, then undo, none of the global tracks move back to their original position (bug report submitted to Apple).

So, for now, I need to know how to select a large number of global tracks. I have something with 20 markers, about 10 meter changes, numerous tempo changes.

In every other program on the computer, shift-click accomplishes exactly this. It selects everything between what is highlighted and the click. In Logic, shift-click only selects what is clicked (which for the rest of the computer is command click, which in Logic is the secondary tool selector).

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2020 7:28 PM

I just figured it out for my scenario. If you select a Marker/Signature, and choose Edit>Select>All Following of Same Track, it highlights only that global track. If you shift-click and select a Marker and Signature and do the same, it selects all the following for both.

As far as I know, there's no way to select within a range only one track. Edit>Select>All Inside Locators selects all global tracks and regions.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2020 7:28 PM in response to Wesley Johnson

I just figured it out for my scenario. If you select a Marker/Signature, and choose Edit>Select>All Following of Same Track, it highlights only that global track. If you shift-click and select a Marker and Signature and do the same, it selects all the following for both.

As far as I know, there's no way to select within a range only one track. Edit>Select>All Inside Locators selects all global tracks and regions.

Select mass global tracks without selecting regions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.