Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are these lens flare on my iPhone normals?

I’m just going to leave these images here and let y’all decide if this is normal or not.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 12:58 AM

15 replies

Dec 4, 2020 10:08 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I could have done this and I could have done that, I have used so many phones but none of them has had such an issue. The problem is eith the anti glare coating which hasn’t been done properly and apple is not addressing it. Happened last year with the 11 series and is happening this year too. If I paid for a premium experience I want something that works well. As I mentioned above THIS IS NOT HAPPENING TO OTHER PHONES, IT’S JUST A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW IPHONES.

Dec 4, 2020 12:27 PM in response to Hrithik_R

All you had to do was angle the camera differently relative to the scene and you could eliminated this.

Read the thread linked above. There is really nothing wrong with the cameras on your phone. You need to learn how to see these issues before you tap the shutter release and make adjustments which are within your control.

There is already a thread on this. No need to add a new one of the very same topic.

Dec 5, 2020 7:19 AM in response to Hrithik_R

You can shout your thought at me, but your assertion it's not happening to other phones is flatly wrong. It happens with all phones to some degree and to a significant degree with the newest premium phones from Google to Samsung to Huawei to Apple. People want to take razer sharp, in-focus night mode pictures. This requires more light to hit the sensor in low light situations and the phone to be angled just right and held very steady. If you coat the lenses, you'll ruin night mode. And if you don't angle it properly and hold it very steady, you'll get a crappy photo.

There are trade-offs to everything. You have to learn to deal with what you've got. If you can't, you're going to be hugely disappointed.

Are these lens flare on my iPhone normals?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.