Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to update but my mac says thre is no update

I want to update but when I go to system preferences there is no update . The latest version I have is El Capitan

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 10:40 AM

Normally when no update is available it means that your computer can not be updated any further, or that there are no further updates available for it to install. If you are looking for an upgrade to a newer operating system, that is a different matter. They are available in the Apple App Store. We have no way of knowing what your computer will accept since we do not know what year or model you have.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 10:40 AM in response to SEM97_

Normally when no update is available it means that your computer can not be updated any further, or that there are no further updates available for it to install. If you are looking for an upgrade to a newer operating system, that is a different matter. They are available in the Apple App Store. We have no way of knowing what your computer will accept since we do not know what year or model you have.

I want to update but my mac says thre is no update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.