Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Flicker - Big Sur

I am running Big Sur on a 2017 iMac. I connect to a VM using WMware Horizon Client with two LG monitors connected. Only when I am using the Horizon Client I experience random screen flickering within the VM. It's subtle but annoying. Did not have this issue with Catalina. Tried all the tips here, but nothing working for me. https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/Fusion-12-w-Big-Sur-Display-Flicker/m-p/2809123

Lot of people using VMs with working from home would think this would have come up in Beta testing. thanks in advance for any advice.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 1:09 PM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2021 6:31 PM in response to lakewash

I don't run VM but had this same issue running any app on my iMAC 27" 5K. I found this on another thread and worked like magic.

Hello Roro9,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that since updating your MacBook to Big Sur your screen keeps flickering when watching Netflix. We're happy to help!

Let's try an SMC reset. 

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

You may also want to try an NVRAM reset. 

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

We also recommend starting in safe mode. Sometimes just starting in this mode and then restarting normally can resolve issues like this: 

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Screen Flicker - Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.