Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change my AppStore country for key apps downloads

Hi, I have my account in the AppStore in Chile, but need to switch to the AppStore in Argentina (where I also have residence) in order to download some key apps such as banking ones, and return to the Chile AppStore.

My questions are:

1) will I loose my apps (the ones not present in Argentina) when I do the 1st switch?

2) will I loose the Argentinian apps once and return to the Chile AppStore?

When calling Apple support they tell me YES to both questions, but in a solved discussion in this forum I have seen that the answer to both questions is NO. Could someone help me on this? Thanks so much.

Just in case, the 2 apps I need to download in the AppStore in Argentina are:

https://apps.apple.com/ar/app/bbva-argentina-banca-móvil/id748231035

https://apps.apple.com/es/app/mypeugeot-app/id1021587274

Regards

Diego

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 4:12 PM

5 replies

Dec 5, 2020 4:15 AM in response to DiegoMF74

You don't actually lose the apps, they won't be deleted from your device, but the Chile App Store purchases list will disappear when you are using the Argentina App Store and vice versa, because those lists are store dependent.

Also, when you are signed into the Chile store, you will not receive notices of any updates for your Argentina store's apps and vice versa.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.2.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.2  HomePods, audioOS 14.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Dec 5, 2020 9:25 AM in response to DiegoMF74

Once an app is downloaded onto your device, say an iPhone, you don't have to be signed into that app's store to use it.

You shouldn't have to do any redownloading. When you are signed into the Chile App Store, that store's apps will populate your Purchased list and when you are signed into the Argentine store, that store's apps should populate the Purchased list.

Change my AppStore country for key apps downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.