Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any problems with Pages, Numbers and Keynote? Crash problems

When I open my programs, Keynote, Pages or Numbers crash....Can you help me, please?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 5:12 AM

There are tons of these Pages, Numbers, and Keynote crashing, and failing to open new and old documents reported in the Pages for Mac support community. The usual approaches to solving Pages misadventures have not appeared to work there. Unless an application package has been damaged by "cleaner" software, I have seen no benefit to deleting Pages and downloading it again.

Yet, I upgraded a 2014 MacBook Air from Mojave to Big Sur (11.0.1), and then updated Pages, Numbers, and Keynote from v10.3.1 to v10.3.5 (Keynote v10.3.8) without any issues at all with these applications crashing, or failure to create new, or open old documents. I simply cannot recreate the issues others have experienced.

I also have a new M1 mini with 11.0.1 and as part of the first boot setup process, I used migration assistant with a Mojave Time Machine drive. The same versions of these Apple applications as are on my Air, just work as they should.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 5:12 AM in response to dedo84

There are tons of these Pages, Numbers, and Keynote crashing, and failing to open new and old documents reported in the Pages for Mac support community. The usual approaches to solving Pages misadventures have not appeared to work there. Unless an application package has been damaged by "cleaner" software, I have seen no benefit to deleting Pages and downloading it again.

Yet, I upgraded a 2014 MacBook Air from Mojave to Big Sur (11.0.1), and then updated Pages, Numbers, and Keynote from v10.3.1 to v10.3.5 (Keynote v10.3.8) without any issues at all with these applications crashing, or failure to create new, or open old documents. I simply cannot recreate the issues others have experienced.

I also have a new M1 mini with 11.0.1 and as part of the first boot setup process, I used migration assistant with a Mojave Time Machine drive. The same versions of these Apple applications as are on my Air, just work as they should.

Any problems with Pages, Numbers and Keynote? Crash problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.