Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sitting all day but watch meets standing up goal.

I already asked something like this, but no one answered. But the thing is, I’m a trucker, what means I’m seating for most of the day, driving, and still the watch says that the daily goal for standing up it’s reached every day, so, how does it track this? Can this be fixed somehow, maybe putting that I’m in a wheelchair so it knows that I can’t be standing up. I don’t know, please help

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 8:49 AM

The Apple Watch does not know if you are standing, walking, laying down, or sitting. It ONLY knows that the accelerator in your Apple Watch accelerates, then decelerates, then accelerates, decelerates, wash, rinse, repeat, as if you were walking and swinging your arm.

There are people that knit with huge "Step" counts and they didn't move a bit. You can lay on your back, wave your arm around, and get stand credit. My favorite is to juggle 3 beanbags.

Generally it takes about 30 accelerate/decelerate cycles to get stand credit.

So while you are driving your truck, you must be moving your watch arm enough times each hour to get stand credit.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 8:49 AM in response to LauraLR

The Apple Watch does not know if you are standing, walking, laying down, or sitting. It ONLY knows that the accelerator in your Apple Watch accelerates, then decelerates, then accelerates, decelerates, wash, rinse, repeat, as if you were walking and swinging your arm.

There are people that knit with huge "Step" counts and they didn't move a bit. You can lay on your back, wave your arm around, and get stand credit. My favorite is to juggle 3 beanbags.

Generally it takes about 30 accelerate/decelerate cycles to get stand credit.

So while you are driving your truck, you must be moving your watch arm enough times each hour to get stand credit.

Sitting all day but watch meets standing up goal.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.