Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Case Only Charges One AirPod Pro at a Time

Hey all,

I think there's something wrong with my AirPod Pro case: yesterday, I noticed that my right AirPod didn't charge, but the case and the left AirPod were both at 100% charge. I put the right one in the case alone, and it charged normally. Then today, after a full night of charging both AirPods, I had the opposite problem: the left AirPod was at 0% while the right was at 100%.

It seems that my case will only charge one at a time even when both are in the case properly and the case is fully charged. There doesn't seem to be any debris or anything that would interfere with charging.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions? I tried to have my phone disconnect from the AirPods and reset everything, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 10:24 AM

My AirPod pros have done this since I get them. It’s super annoying. The case will reliably charge the right AirPod but not the left. So, when I need to use them, the left one is always dead and the right is always at 100%. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get my case to charge the left one, but no luck. Definitely won’t be buying AirPods from Apple in the future.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 10:24 AM in response to kale3141

My AirPod pros have done this since I get them. It’s super annoying. The case will reliably charge the right AirPod but not the left. So, when I need to use them, the left one is always dead and the right is always at 100%. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get my case to charge the left one, but no luck. Definitely won’t be buying AirPods from Apple in the future.

Case Only Charges One AirPod Pro at a Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.