You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing Contacts iPhone 6s plus

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

When I go to call someone who is in my contact list, my phone doesn’t find them by their name. But if I start dialing their number, the name will show up as who I’m calling.

I thought they must not be in my contacts but I double checked. I deleted and re-entered it and even made a hard shut down twice.

Someone have any ideas! Thanks in advance!

Lynat

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 12:32 PM

5 replies

Dec 11, 2020 5:29 AM in response to Lynat

Hello Lynat,

We'd love to assist you with your device not recognizing your saved contacts. First, can you tell us what steps you took to reset your device? This will let us know which reset was completed.

Also, do you manage your contacts with iCloud?

Lastly, if you go on your device to Settings > General > About, does it show 14.2 next to your version? If not, let's backup and update the software using the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day!

Losing Contacts iPhone 6s plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.