Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Trade In

I am looking to buy a new iPhone and trade in my old iPhone. Is it possible to apply for trade in on my old phone and then receive the credit for it, buy the new phone with the trade in credit, set it up and then send back the old phone?

Or is there an option to reimburse the trade in value to my credit card?

Please help, getting my phone in a few weeks and need answers :)

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 1:39 PM

There are two options for your trade in process.

1. Submit your trade in iPhone whenever you wish. Receive an Apple Gift Card for its value. That Gift Card may later be used in the Apple Store or iTunes Store or App Store for future purchases.
  2. Use Apple’s trade in program, which involves the following steps:
    • Order your new iPhone, and pay for it in full.
    • At the time you order, promise to trade in your old iPhone.
    • Shortly after your new iPhone arrives, you receive the box and label to ship your old iPhone.
    • Once the old iPhone is received and its value verified, credit is issued back to your payment method for the new iPhone.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 1:39 PM in response to pineapplesaregreat

There are two options for your trade in process.

1. Submit your trade in iPhone whenever you wish. Receive an Apple Gift Card for its value. That Gift Card may later be used in the Apple Store or iTunes Store or App Store for future purchases.
  2. Use Apple’s trade in program, which involves the following steps:
    • Order your new iPhone, and pay for it in full.
    • At the time you order, promise to trade in your old iPhone.
    • Shortly after your new iPhone arrives, you receive the box and label to ship your old iPhone.
    • Once the old iPhone is received and its value verified, credit is issued back to your payment method for the new iPhone.

Dec 5, 2020 2:51 PM in response to sberman

Ok thank you! So from my understanding, I buy the phone online and do the trade in option. I get my new phone and set it up with my old phone and then I will get a box to ship the old phone and then if verified I get the value to my payment method (which in my case is credit card). Is that right?

If I choose to buy the phone in store, does it still work the same way?

iPhone Trade In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.