Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I have to update my Safari Browser so that I am in sync with Canvas Community? I am a new student at Sotheby

My Safari browser must be updated for Canvas Community: I am attending a college and I have been contacted about this.

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 10:16 AM

Certain web sites do require updated browsers that meed specific criteria. However, even updating Safari may not make it compliant. Safari, being installed as part of the operating system, normally it cannot be individually upgraded. it is periodically updated when the computer's operating system is updated or upgraded. This is not an unusual situation. Web site engineers write their software to work with specific browsers. For some reason, they often choose to not be compliant with Safari. This is not an Apple problem as Apple has no control over the millions of web sites on the internet. Sometimes the simplest solution is to see if your web site works with another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. In the alternative, as noted, to update Safari requires that your OS be updated or upgraded. That may or may not be possible as you have not told us what year Mac you have or what your OS is. I would ask your site's provider what browser it works best with.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 10:16 AM in response to cbafamily

Certain web sites do require updated browsers that meed specific criteria. However, even updating Safari may not make it compliant. Safari, being installed as part of the operating system, normally it cannot be individually upgraded. it is periodically updated when the computer's operating system is updated or upgraded. This is not an unusual situation. Web site engineers write their software to work with specific browsers. For some reason, they often choose to not be compliant with Safari. This is not an Apple problem as Apple has no control over the millions of web sites on the internet. Sometimes the simplest solution is to see if your web site works with another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. In the alternative, as noted, to update Safari requires that your OS be updated or upgraded. That may or may not be possible as you have not told us what year Mac you have or what your OS is. I would ask your site's provider what browser it works best with.

Hello, I have to update my Safari Browser so that I am in sync with Canvas Community? I am a new student at Sotheby

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.