Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Two Sets of AirPods to AppleTV 4K

I thought this was going to be a feature in the latest TVOS but if it is I can’t find it. Connecting a second set of AirPods (I’m actually using AirPods Pro) disconnects the first set of AirPods. Is this a feature or not? i could sure use it because my wife hates the loud bass in the pair of HomePods we have in Home Theater mode and there is no equalizer on the AppleTV to the HomePods.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 9:51 AM

Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

Share audio from Apple TV 4K with a second pair of headphones

For private watching, you can send audio from an Apple TV 4K to up to two pairs of compatible Apple wireless headphones, such as AirPods or Powerbeats Pro.

Note: Sharing audio is not supported on Apple TV HD. For more information on which headphones are supported, see the Apple Support article Share audio with AirPods or Beats headphones.

1. Press and hold the Home button on the Siri Remote to open Control Center.
  2. Select the Audio Controls button .
  3. Swipe down to headphones, then select the headphones you want to use.
  4. If you don’t see your headphones, follow the instructions in Find and connect to a nearby Bluetooth device.
  5. Select Share Audio, then follow the onscreen instructions to pair the second pair of headphones.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 9:51 AM in response to ironex

Use Apple TV to play audio throughout your home - Apple Support

Share audio from Apple TV 4K with a second pair of headphones

For private watching, you can send audio from an Apple TV 4K to up to two pairs of compatible Apple wireless headphones, such as AirPods or Powerbeats Pro.

Note: Sharing audio is not supported on Apple TV HD. For more information on which headphones are supported, see the Apple Support article Share audio with AirPods or Beats headphones.

1. Press and hold the Home button on the Siri Remote to open Control Center.
  2. Select the Audio Controls button .
  3. Swipe down to headphones, then select the headphones you want to use.
  4. If you don’t see your headphones, follow the instructions in Find and connect to a nearby Bluetooth device.
  5. Select Share Audio, then follow the onscreen instructions to pair the second pair of headphones.

Connecting Two Sets of AirPods to AppleTV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.