Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t install free apps because of “verification required” message

I’ve had this problem where I can’t install or update my apps because I get the message that says “verification required”. I’ve tried removing payment methods, but it still wants me to verify a payment method. I don’t have the option to choose none. It’s frustrating and I don’t know how to fix it, I’ve been trying for three days now but everything I’ve seen people suggest hasn’t worked. Please help

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 11:10 PM

If you aren't seeing a None option in the payment methods in your account details, then you have to have a valid payment method on your account, for both paid and free apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.2.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.2  HomePods, audioOS 14.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 11:10 PM in response to Teeth_

If you aren't seeing a None option in the payment methods in your account details, then you have to have a valid payment method on your account, for both paid and free apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.0.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.2.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.2  HomePods, audioOS 14.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

I can’t install free apps because of “verification required” message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.