Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DEFAULT EMAIL NOT BEING APPLIED TO MY I-Pad MAIL APP?

My Mail default e-mail account seems to have somehow switched from AOL to ICloud. Although I checked off AOL as my default for Mail on my I-PAD Air, the Mail application persists in populating the “From” field with my ICloud e-mail ID not my selected AOL Mail ID? My selection in Settings remains AOL yet, when I open compose mail, the Mail application is still populating the “ From” field with my ICloud e-mail IS, not my AOL Mail Id. I have tried rebooting the I-Pad to no avail. I do not know how the default changed since yesterday when it was, as its always been, AOL....

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 10:26 AM

Hello jimriff,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like the default email account on your iPad was changed randomly from AOL to iCloud. We'd be happy to look into this with you.

To get started, let's rule out simple solutions. Have you tried restarting the device normally?

Restart your iPhone  

Next, Open your Settings app > Mail > Default Account, then select the email account you'd like to default to.

Please check out this helpful link:

Use the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2020 10:26 AM in response to jimriff

Hello jimriff,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like the default email account on your iPad was changed randomly from AOL to iCloud. We'd be happy to look into this with you.

To get started, let's rule out simple solutions. Have you tried restarting the device normally?

Restart your iPhone  

Next, Open your Settings app > Mail > Default Account, then select the email account you'd like to default to.

Please check out this helpful link:

Use the Mail app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

DEFAULT EMAIL NOT BEING APPLIED TO MY I-Pad MAIL APP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.