Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email disappears

When I delete an email from my Inbox, it disappears totally. In the past it has gone to the Trash. How can I change this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 10:53 AM

Very interesting. My email accounts don't show these options. Icloud email account shows trash as a folder All Trash. However, I can't find a file with this name anywhere on my machine. On my quest.com account the Mailbox Behaviors tab doesn't show any of this. I thinnk this issue started when I upgraded to Big Sur.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 10:53 AM in response to BDAqua

Very interesting. My email accounts don't show these options. Icloud email account shows trash as a folder All Trash. However, I can't find a file with this name anywhere on my machine. On my quest.com account the Mailbox Behaviors tab doesn't show any of this. I thinnk this issue started when I upgraded to Big Sur.

Dec 7, 2020 2:39 PM in response to joed45

I got it figured out. At the top of the folder list on the left side of the mail app. main page is a small fonted line, in light gray named "Favorites". Beside it is a light gray "+". When I clicked the + it showed me folders I could add to my "Favorites" (didn't know I had any favorites). In the list was "All Trash", that's where all of the mail deleted from the Inbox went. When I added that to my Favorites, All Trash showed up with all of the deleted email in it, at least from my Qwest account. Not sure about my iCloud account. Sorry to bother you; don't know how the All Trash got hidden.

Email disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.