Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing finder and unable to open apps

When I start up my mac I see a flashing sign that says “last time you opened finder it unexpectedly quit while reopening. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?” But when I try to click either don’t reopen or reopen it won’t let me and just keeps flashing. The top menu bar of my dashboard also keeps flashing. I have restarted my computer and even relaunched the hardware disk and the issue isn’t fixed. What can I do? All of my other applications quit immediately when I try to open them.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 10:39 AM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If need be...

Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold ...

Command (⌘)-R

Installs the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 10:39 AM in response to Aystay33

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If need be...

Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold ...

Command (⌘)-R

Installs the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Flashing finder and unable to open apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.