Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo redirect virus

How do I get rid of the Yahoo redirect virus? I have Malwarebytes and every time it does a scan I get a notification that it quarantined file. I delete a the file. That is useless; an hour later I get the notification again. Malwarebytes has not responded to me email...bastards.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 5:58 AM

Hello ParrisWeitzman,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with a certain file that is being scanned and quarantined by Malwarebytes.

To clarify, is this happening with a certain file that you received in Yahoo mail, do you get redirected to the Yahoo website or how is is related to Yahoo?

If you are being redirected in Safari, it may be due to a pop-up. In that case, we would recommend checking out About pop-up ads and windows in Safari.

If you use any Safari extensions that could also be the reason for being redirected. Check out the Manage your extensions section of Get extensions to customize Safari on Mac.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 5:58 AM in response to ParrisWeitzman

Hello ParrisWeitzman,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with a certain file that is being scanned and quarantined by Malwarebytes.

To clarify, is this happening with a certain file that you received in Yahoo mail, do you get redirected to the Yahoo website or how is is related to Yahoo?

If you are being redirected in Safari, it may be due to a pop-up. In that case, we would recommend checking out About pop-up ads and windows in Safari.

If you use any Safari extensions that could also be the reason for being redirected. Check out the Manage your extensions section of Get extensions to customize Safari on Mac.

Cheers!

Yahoo redirect virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.