Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

more space

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way for me to upgrade my MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) storage space, memory specs are 8 GB, with a Macintosh HD startup disk. ideally it's not enough space, iCloud storage doesn't really help with space.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:36 AM

These MacBook airs are not upgradable but you can use an external hard drive to store files and programs you don't use everyday.

I have a 265GB ssd drive on my MacBook air and 3 external hard drives i transfer files from and to to save on space.

-i hope this helped!

2 replies

Dec 8, 2020 7:10 AM in response to tkeyahcameron

Check out this drive. It is roughly the size of 3 credit cards stacked atop each other. I use one for my notebook’s everyday TM backup. I see lots of my students with similar drives attacked to the lid of their computer - both Mac and PC. Not sure I’d recommend that but still. I don’t generally recommend 3rd party products but I bought a 256GB model the day Samsung started selling them and I am still using it. I’ve since purchased several more in 512GB and 1TB capacities.

more space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.