Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity App not closing rings when goal is met

So lately I have had a few days where I am exceeding my goal for the exercise ring to close in the activity app. For example this morning I walked for 46 minutes and my exercise goal is 30. My exercise ring is showing only 21min. I wear my watch each day, it is tight on my wrist so I am wondering how to fix this. It doesn’t happen every day which is also puzzling but it is happening at least one day per week. Any suggestions?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 7:52 AM

To earn 1 minute of exercise credit(green ring);

Travel a full minute at a brisk walking pace 3.3 mph or 18 minutes per mile approx.

or

5.3kph or 11.3 minutes per kilometer.

Raise your heart rate to approx 75% of your maximum.

When you're at around or above this heart rate and speed for the entire minute you'll receive 1 exercise minute credit.

If you pause or slow down during this minute then you won't get any exercise credit for that minute.

Source;phone call I had with apple support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 7:52 AM in response to Heelsgirl1231

To earn 1 minute of exercise credit(green ring);

Travel a full minute at a brisk walking pace 3.3 mph or 18 minutes per mile approx.

or

5.3kph or 11.3 minutes per kilometer.

Raise your heart rate to approx 75% of your maximum.

When you're at around or above this heart rate and speed for the entire minute you'll receive 1 exercise minute credit.

If you pause or slow down during this minute then you won't get any exercise credit for that minute.

Source;phone call I had with apple support.

Activity App not closing rings when goal is met

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.