Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone music files from one album showing as multiple albums

Hello,

Saw this question on the forum with an answer that clearly ignored the question... asking this question again to see if there is a legitimate answer this time...

"Not sure why this is occurring as it's only started since getting the iphone 8, never had an issue before hand. I'll go to load songs from my PC to itunes and transfer them across to my phone, everything transfers fine, however, when I view my library on my phone by either artists or album, some entries will split every track on an album into individual albums (i.e. Castaways and Cutouts by The Decemberists has 10 separate entries under album, one for each track).

Some albums do this and some don't. Made sure all tags match and are identical (both in the original mp3 ID3 tags and in itunes). Made sure all the album art is identical (if it has any). Sometimes it will split them up into multiple albums, other times it'll contain all the tracks under one album and I'm just stumped as to why this happens. Anyone able to shed any light? Again, yes, the album and album artist are the same for songs on the same album.

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 2:01 PM

Found the answer. You have to delete the files and then add them again the exact same way and then they show up. It's terribly annoying if you uploaded 1000 files and they were specific ones from a larger list because every file (or album) has to be uploaded, deleted, and then uploaded again before it shows up. :\ Yeesh - Makes you want to go back to Android.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 2:01 PM in response to DBIV0000

Found the answer. You have to delete the files and then add them again the exact same way and then they show up. It's terribly annoying if you uploaded 1000 files and they were specific ones from a larger list because every file (or album) has to be uploaded, deleted, and then uploaded again before it shows up. :\ Yeesh - Makes you want to go back to Android.

iphone music files from one album showing as multiple albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.