Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Failed - Your Apple ID or password is incorrect

hi guys, so i recovered my account today and everything seems to be working just fine, until i tried to update my apps, whenever i tried to i get the message "Verification Failed - Your Apple ID or password is incorrect " after typing my password, and i am 100% that my password is correct, it is working on iCloud and I'm even signed in to app store

So the problem is whenever I tried to update my apps, it says "Verification Failed - Your Apple ID or password is incorrect " after typing the passwords

can someone please help I'm in a serious hurry

thanks in advance guys

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 9:07 AM

5 replies

Dec 8, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Sarouti

Some things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

If necessary

Hard reset.        

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.      

If necessary, signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restart, and then sign back in. Check the updates to see if the apps requiring an update are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your Apple ID if desired. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call       

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Dec 8, 2020 11:49 AM in response to Sarouti

If the apps that need updating are Apple apps that came with the phone, try going to the App Store Purchases tab or click on your profile and then go to Purchases to see if there is an option to accept the applications with your Apple ID. If that doesn't work, you can delete the apps and download them with your Apple ID. The apps are free. You may have to sign out of the App Store, restart the devicer, and sign back in to download new copies.

Get updates for preinstalled apps on Mac

Verification Failed - Your Apple ID or password is incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.