Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro connected to Dell S2721HS Monitor--external monitor won't wake?

I am using a USB-C to HDMI adapter to connect a Dell 27" S2721HS Monitor to my 2019 Macbook Pro 16". When I put them to sleep or they go into sleep due to inactivity, the Macbook screen wakes but the external monitor does not. I get a notice on the external monitor that says it does not detect an HDMI signal. The only way to fix this has been to disconnect the adapter, reboot the Macbook, then reconnect the adapter.

I'm also having trouble getting the external monitor to be "clear" and not fuzzy/grainy. I'm hoping this is just something I need to change in the settings since both the Macbook and external monitor are new?

Help!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 9:18 AM

System Preferences > Displays. Press the option key then click Detect Displays. Also, you can press the option key and click the Scaled radio button to see all possible resolutions to find a crisp one.

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Pro connected to Dell S2721HS Monitor--external monitor won't wake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.