Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud no longer syncs between devices

After a recent upgrade (I can't remember which one), iCloud stopped syncing between my phone, iMac, and iPad. I'll read and delete emails on one, and then dozens of unread emails on my phone. Same with texts, and with email folders. I'm using the same account on all three devices, so this is a mystery.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 2:05 PM

Hi akorn342,

Thanks for following up with us. We're glad to hear you were able to get your initial issue resolved.

If you're still missing the Desktop files, we'd recommend using the steps listed here to ensure the setting is still enabled: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

It may also help to restart your Mac using these steps: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 2:05 PM in response to akorn342

Hi akorn342,

Thanks for following up with us. We're glad to hear you were able to get your initial issue resolved.

If you're still missing the Desktop files, we'd recommend using the steps listed here to ensure the setting is still enabled: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

It may also help to restart your Mac using these steps: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

Cheers!

Dec 13, 2020 12:34 PM in response to akorn342

See the thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251242454

Before signing out Apple ID from Mac if desktops and documents are always turned as on https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchle5a61431/10.14/mac/10.14

And after signing in the same Apple ID and password , the desktops and documents always sync https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-13681

Dec 13, 2020 11:55 AM in response to akorn342

Hi akorn342,

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues syncing data between your devices. We can help get you pointed in the right direction for support.

To start, are you using iCloud as your email provider or do you use a third-party email provider? We ask because if you use a third-party email provider, the emails would be synced through them.

If you use iCloud, are your emails syncing correctly on the iCloud website? Here is the link to check: iCloud

If you use a third-party email provider, we'd recommend contacting them directly for assistance with syncing issues.

Cheers!

Dec 13, 2020 12:21 PM in response to bailier

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I called support, since my devices are pretty new, and we were able to resolve the issue. However, in signing out of iCloud and signing in again, I lost all of the Desktop content on my iMac. If you have any recommendations about recovering that, I would really appreciate it. (I considered Time Machine, but figured I would be restoring the state in which the syncing problem existed.

Thank you!

iCloud no longer syncs between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.