Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 scrolling problem

I am having two problems:

1. My watch wont allow the touch screen to move (scroll) up and down but will move side to side with my finger. (I hard rebooted and it worked for an hour or so then stopped again) started a few days ago
  2. My watch will randomly zoom way far in and can’t be undone unless you force turn off the power ... ( this started happening at the same time)

this is my 3rd watch series and I have had no problems... this one has been messing up since I got it last month...

can anyone help me?

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:01 PM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 5:01 PM in response to Duncan0428

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch 6 scrolling problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.