Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to uninstall the 32-bit software on macOS Catalina?

how to uninstall the 32-bit software on macOS Catalina from a MacBook?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:59 PM

Even though they're inert, those apps occupy storage space and it's understandable if you want them gone.

You can simply select one of those 32-bit apps in System Report, and its Location will be revealed.

Select the entire line adjacent to it, then two-finger tap (or control-click), and select Services > Show in Finder. That will open a Finder window with that file selected. Drag it to the Trash, and you're done.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2020 5:59 PM in response to lalipatti

Even though they're inert, those apps occupy storage space and it's understandable if you want them gone.

You can simply select one of those 32-bit apps in System Report, and its Location will be revealed.

Select the entire line adjacent to it, then two-finger tap (or control-click), and select Services > Show in Finder. That will open a Finder window with that file selected. Drag it to the Trash, and you're done.

Dec 8, 2020 5:53 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks for the reply. In the future if I need to remove them, I will do what you have suggested. I found them from "about this mac, System Report, Pain taxingly created a text document with the apps that are 32 bit". Currently I am not pressed for space on my MacBook. So I will leave them as is as you have suggested. If space is needed, then I will do what you have suggested. Once again thanks for the reply.

how to uninstall the 32-bit software on macOS Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.