Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 14 killing battery

Is there anything that can be done to fix the fact that this new wonderful IOS 14 is killing my battery usage?? I've tried to downgrade to 13 but of course the older versions are not signed!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 4:11 PM

I do hope you mean 14.2.1....

Not that I am aware of and as for my families iPhones, not for us. Really, it's just a coincidence, however you should definitely follow the suggested troubleshooting and maximizing steps they linked in that article. Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

7 replies

Dec 8, 2020 7:24 PM in response to shoeluvr13

Yes, yes, 35gb or something like that. There was NO battery issue before this new IOS suddenly downloaded on my phone! And of course you/they don’t offer the older versions of the IOS for downgrading so now I’m stuck unless someone has other options. I am also not paying for iCloud so the latest backup I have is on my hard drive through iTunes.

Dec 9, 2020 2:40 PM in response to Tvbjx53

You only told us storage, 1 of 4 things asked. No mention of apps being up to date and you keep referring to "new iOS" that does not mean you are on the latest 14.2.1, but thanks for confirming you are and apps are up to date. I also gave and suggested you follow/asked if you had followed and never said you did.

81% battery health would be the culprit. Lithium-ion batteries are fine until about 80% capacity is left, you're right at that number now. All of this is outlined in the link I gave and the 80% info is specifically in the section "Your battery's maximum capacity"

Sounds like a battery replacement would get you back to normal usage again.

ios 14 killing battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.