Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When does iCloud sync photos?

It’s already bad product design that i can’t manually upload photos, but how many nights of being plugged in with access to WiFi does It take before this paid service graciously decides to even start doing what I’m paying for? Or should I cancel my subscription and use googles equivalent instead?

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 10:13 AM

User_User1 wrote:

It’s already bad product design that i can’t manually upload photos, but how many nights of being plugged in with access to WiFi does It take before this paid service graciously decides to even start doing what I’m paying for? Or should I cancel my subscription and use googles equivalent instead?

iCloud syncs photos in real time when power and connectivity are available. When you create a photo on an iOS device, it will upload to iCloud at that time.

What you are asking about is an iCloud backup.

If you are syncing your photos to iCloud, no photos are uploaded during a backup. If you sign in to icloud.com, do you see your photos in the photos app there? If so, you are NOT backing up photos, you re syncing them.

How are you measuring that nothing takes place?

And why do you say you can't manually upload photos?

I cancel my subscription and use googles equivalent instead?

Threatening us about going to another service is really of no value. We are fellow users, not Apple, and are unaffected by your choice. Your "question" suggests you really don't want help, You simply want to rant.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 10:13 AM in response to User_User1

User_User1 wrote:

iCloud syncs photos in real time when power and connectivity are available. When you create a photo on an iOS device, it will upload to iCloud at that time.

What you are asking about is an iCloud backup.

If you are syncing your photos to iCloud, no photos are uploaded during a backup. If you sign in to icloud.com, do you see your photos in the photos app there? If so, you are NOT backing up photos, you re syncing them.

How are you measuring that nothing takes place?

And why do you say you can't manually upload photos?

I cancel my subscription and use googles equivalent instead?

Threatening us about going to another service is really of no value. We are fellow users, not Apple, and are unaffected by your choice. Your "question" suggests you really don't want help, You simply want to rant.

When does iCloud sync photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.