Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM not supported

I have recently upgraded my iPhone SE to iPhone 11 and would like to give my iPhone SE to my husband who has a different carrier. I erased and unlocked the phone and put in the SIM card from his phone and am getting the error message that this SIM is not supported. What can I do?

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 8:34 AM

Verify that the iPhone SE is indeed unlocked ... Go to Settings > General > About

Scroll towards the bottom looking for an option called Carrier Lock or Network Provider Lock

If your phone is unlocked it should say No SIM restrictions

If this is the case, then, contact the carrier company to get a replacement SIM and/or activate the present SIM from their end!

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the phone is NOT unlocked, contact your carrier company to unlock the phone!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 8:34 AM in response to K_1945

Verify that the iPhone SE is indeed unlocked ... Go to Settings > General > About

Scroll towards the bottom looking for an option called Carrier Lock or Network Provider Lock

If your phone is unlocked it should say No SIM restrictions

If this is the case, then, contact the carrier company to get a replacement SIM and/or activate the present SIM from their end!

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If the phone is NOT unlocked, contact your carrier company to unlock the phone!

SIM not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.