Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

which camera works for FaceTime on M1 Mac mini

looking for suggestions on cameras that work for FaceTime on M1 Mac mini. I tried using the fuji xt3 and their webcam software but it is not supported yet. Is there an inexpensive webcam that works?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 1:30 PM

3 replies

Jan 8, 2021 1:46 PM in response to chiawenphotography

I purchased this computer too and purchased the XPCAM off Amazon for $26. The problem is the camera is really dark. So I thought maybe it was a defective camera. So I brought the camera to work and tried it on my Windows 10 computer. The picture is fine. Next I tried the camera on last years intel Macmini at work and it worked fine as well. My next troubleshooting step will be to bring the camera to church and try it on another M1 Macmini and our Intel iMac and see what results I get. Strange issue. Initially I am thinking its a mac driver issue. Not sure I can find this discussion again but if I can I will post my findings.

Feb 2, 2021 1:05 PM in response to MikeyCe

So I returned the original camera because it was too dark and purchased this one. Works much better in low light and works with the new Macmini M1.

Streaming Webcam with Microphone Ring Light-HD 1080P Face Web Cam with Privacy Cover&Tripod for Desktop/Laptop/PC/MAC,Web Camera for Skype,YouTube,Zoom,Xbox One,Studying, Video Calling and Conference https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QD7XT6Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QHP61Z74RA118E4Y6KHX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

which camera works for FaceTime on M1 Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.