Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Wireless Mouse to USB

My new iMac has a wireless mouse. Tells me the charge is gone and to connect to USB to recharge. How do I do that?

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 2:12 PM

Welcome, arland99, to Apple Support Communities!

Is your wireless Mouse an Apple Magic Mouse 2?

If so, on the underside of the mouse, near the part where the heal of your hand rests, there is a small slot: that slot is a Lightning connector.

Your Magic Mouse 2 should have come with a USB (USB-A) to Lightning cable. (Any other USB to Lightning cables will work, including USB-C to Lightning cables.)

(I think it would have been wise for Apple to have placed the connector port such that one could still use the Mouse while plugged in, the way one can do with the wireless keyboard and trackpad.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 2:12 PM in response to arland99

Welcome, arland99, to Apple Support Communities!

Is your wireless Mouse an Apple Magic Mouse 2?

If so, on the underside of the mouse, near the part where the heal of your hand rests, there is a small slot: that slot is a Lightning connector.

Your Magic Mouse 2 should have come with a USB (USB-A) to Lightning cable. (Any other USB to Lightning cables will work, including USB-C to Lightning cables.)

(I think it would have been wise for Apple to have placed the connector port such that one could still use the Mouse while plugged in, the way one can do with the wireless keyboard and trackpad.)

Connect Wireless Mouse to USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.