Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t trust either myself or the app or the systems so where can I go in this covid world to get support to migrate over all my files from my old MacBook Pro to a new 13” MacBook Air? Are Apple stores open to do this?

i don’t trust either myself or the app or the computers involved if I buy a new MacBook Air 13” and try to convert my files from my existing very old MacBook Pro running Catalina v10.15.7 Which actually runs fine except the keyboard died. I’m using a cheap replacement keyboard “connected” to the old one as a temp measure. Very clunky. But the quoted prices I’m getting to replace the original keyboard are too high and driving me to just get a new MacBook. But like I said at top I don’t trust the procedure to migrate files. Hoping there’s support options out there if/when I buy the new MacBook Suggestions???

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 3:37 PM

The migration process is pretty simple, using tools provided with your new Mac. Apple even provides an online support document to explain how to do it, https://support.apple.com/HT204350

I wouldn’t expect an Apple Store to be able to assist with this simply because the copying time is a total unknown. You are better setting it up at home (or in your office) then launch the process, walk away and check on it from time to time until it reports success - maybe even overnight.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 3:37 PM in response to jprussell22

The migration process is pretty simple, using tools provided with your new Mac. Apple even provides an online support document to explain how to do it, https://support.apple.com/HT204350

I wouldn’t expect an Apple Store to be able to assist with this simply because the copying time is a total unknown. You are better setting it up at home (or in your office) then launch the process, walk away and check on it from time to time until it reports success - maybe even overnight.

Dec 10, 2020 9:09 PM in response to jprussell22

Nope, have to make an appointment. Mine took 3 weeks and that was with full support of Apple and Police. Also having spectrum come tomorrow. I was calling and doing the business chat for months. You can’t trust people who will commit various felony’s, for some the added charges of DV and because of the various things they did with those files that they modified, I was cyber bullied and that was terrible... everyone that participated in harassing me on like Twitter... the ones that knew what was going on... civil, perhaps criminal harassment charges. Don’t be a victim. Be a survivor.

I don’t trust either myself or the app or the systems so where can I go in this covid world to get support to migrate over all my files from my old MacBook Pro to a new 13” MacBook Air? Are Apple stores open to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.